Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Done.

Today was my last final of the semester .. & my last semester at SF State (I'll talk about that some other time). & I finally presented my final project for my contemporary houses & architecture class. As said in my previous post, I had to do a group project as my final. I was so ecstatic about this project because of my love for architecture & design, & I finally got to make my first real model! (Models from my color & design class from fall 2010 do not count; hence, projects given in that class were bullshit). This project was like my baby, hahah.

Project: Emulate an architect based on their beliefs & style.
Architect: Luis Barragan.
Type of building: Restaurant.
Style: Neo-Corbusier, modernism, cubism.
Details: The use of natural light is the main functionality. Several large windows throughout the restaurant, creating natural light. Tower-like object on the left is the stairwell to the terrace includes large panel windows to create more natural light & give patrons a view of the outside. The open roof terrace includes additional seating area & a bar, guarded by a 4ft glass railing.
Materials used on model: Crescent no. 100 illustration board, polycarbonate sheets (for railing), transparencies (for windows), cement glue, & hot glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment